Hunter's Blend: Mocca Java & Indian Mysore

What if the Big Bad Wolf and the  Woodsman  were the same person?
What would happen to Little Red Riding Hood?
Over the past couple weeks I found myself becoming Little Red in that very perdicament.
Here is my story.

31 October 2012.
Halloween start out innocent enough.

My son was dressed in his dinosaur costume. Stomping around the house and chasing the dog around with one loud, obnoxious ROAR after another.

After getting some real food and a couple of vegetables into his stomach, my son was jumping from a physiological induced sugar high at the front door.

Long after the sun had set.
Once every doorbell in the neighbor hood had been rung.
Past the time of Tick-or-Treaters at my door.
A wolf lead the dinosaur home.



2 November 2012
A terrifying realization hit me. 
Deer hunting opener was the next day.

The Big Bad Wolf from Halloween was about to become the Woodsman or rather the Huntsman.

I had to find a way to ensure my husband returned to me free of his canine form and red neck ways.
Coffee was the answer.

Roasting Notes for Hunter's Blend:
2 ounces Java Ciwidey and two 2 ounces Indian Mysore were
roasted on medium heat for three minutes with a high fan before increasing the heat to high for ten minutes and decreasing the fan to medium. The first crack was heard after one and a half minutes with the second occurring five minutes into the roast. 

It is important to note because I roasted these beans together the cracks were overlapping with the Mysore cracking before the Ciwidey.
This was a smoky, dark roast that brewed into a smooth cup of coffee.

The exact kind of blend my husband loves.
Surely this would ensure he returns to me the same gentle, caring and kind man I fell in love with.


3-10 November
He hiked.
He sat quite and still in a tree stand for hours.
He hunted.
He encouraged me with a video.
Please note: This video is meant to humorous. However if you are easily offended, skip watching and just keep reading.

11 November
He returned to me.

I learned this day that the cabin he was staying at didn't have a coffee grinder or machine.
He settled for chewing some coffee beans while sitting in his tree stand.

12 November
He was finally able to drink, instead of eat, the roast I had made for him.
It was delicious.

I encourage you to roast this blend if you like dark, smoky coffee.
Let me know what you think by using the comments box below or emailing me directly at sarahjorichards@gmail.com.

Happy Roasting and Brewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment