Lagniappe Expresso Decaf Blend

The devil's blend is an affectionate name many use to refer to decaf coffee. Guilty. I never saw the point of drinking coffee if the chemical properties that make you pee didn't also give the energy to get to the bathroom expeditiously. 

Pregnancy changed my mind.

Every twenty minutes, I wore a path to the bathroom. Fatigue settled over me like a burned out light bulb. Desperate to wake up one morning, I tried to trick my mind. I drank decaf. It worked. Maybe my husband is right, I truly am gullible. What mattered was the improvement to my disposition. Decaf helped both of us survive the pregnancy and breast feeding phases.
A layered latte.

I find I still drink decaf. Suffering from insomnia has banned caffeine intake after one in the afternoon. I didn't want to stop drinking coffee, so I still drink decaf. A latte in the evening after my son goes to bed is how I relax. My one complaint was the chemical taste that causes a scratchy throat once it is swallowed. One of my main priorities with home roasting was create a better decaf bean. 

My search is over.

The mountain water natural decaffeinated Lagniappe blend ground until it resembles flour makes amazing espresso. It has a full body, fresh earthy taste with a creamy finish. I recommend this roast for any other home roaster looking for a good decaf bean.

Roasting Notes:

Four ounces of Lagniappe beans were dried for two minutes at a low temperature with a medium fan. Leaving the fan on medium, the beans were roasted on medium heat for ten minutes. After eight minutes elapsed the first crack was heard. The second crack had just started as the timer ran out and the cooling cycle began.

It was a beautiful brown bean with a sheen. Eating a bean gave off a fresh taste with a chocolaty finish. I prefer to grind the beans for espresso to a powder for a natural froth to form while it brews. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment