Espresso. Milk. Foam.

The cost of lattes, cappuccinos and macchiatos for an artistic coffee addict isn't really compatible with the budget. Even when I got my first espresso machine, I still found myself going walking down the street to a cafe in order the get the drink I tried to make for myself. Not really the money saver I thought it would be.

The proportions were perfect when a barista made it for me. What is their secret?

Basic Guide: make classic espresso based drinks at home.
Espresso, milk and foam are the basic ingredients. No amount of sweeteners and flavors can make it taste proper if the ratios aren't correct.

My mission was to find a printable reference to place next to my espresso machine so I could create the classic drinks myself. A reference with the guidelines to creating a cappuccino, latte and macchiato.
Finding one with only the options I wanted was difficult. Many included espresso con panna, flat white, cafe breve, and americano among others. So, I made one myself.

Feel free to print and share my basic guide to creating classic espresso based drinks at home, but please don't sell it for profit.

If you would like a high resolution PDF contact me directly at sarahjorichards@gmail.com and I will email it to you.

Or you can let me know what you think of the guide by using the comments box.

Happy Roasting and Brewing!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I was looking for! Beautifully simple. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine is a machine for the coffee connoisseur that allows you to control every aspect of the coffee-making process. It is a good quality rugged and heavy machine that allows for a quiet operation. It is recommended that you buy the Rancilio grinder to make the best quality coffee. espresso coffee machine

    ReplyDelete